Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Reasons

As we go into the Christmas break, I am reminded of reasons to further my healthy eating lifestyle. My aunt just passed away on Monday of complications due to diverticulosis, a digestive disease with an unknown cause that has correlations with a low-fiber diet.  My Mamaw died of similar issues, and my father has diverticulitis, a slightly less severe version, that can develop into diverticulosis. My step-mother, whom I call mom, has ALS (Lou Gehrig's) and can't do the things that I can. These people and memories are daily reminders of the blessings I have. I can move and make good food choices. I have the education, proof and means to have a good, healthy diet. Instead of focusing of being lazy, I need to appreciate that I have a choice to move or not to move- some people don't have the choice.

My mom- who now only weighs 90ish pounds due to ALS. 
My dad and I on my wedding day- both are clearly overweight ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment