Thursday, December 12, 2013

Rosemary White Beans


I am so excited to have my first recipe posted by Whitney on Heandsheeatclean!! You can see the recipe here


I came up with the recipe after a trip to a restaurant in Marietta, GA with my mother-in-law. She raved about the beans, so I got them as a side. It was toward the beginning of my eat clean journey, and I was so excited to eat at a restaurant where the premise is real food. The beans truly were delicious, but when I talked to Whitney about the restaurant, we had both uncovered that the restaurant is not all that it's cracked up to be! UGH! Maybe one day, I will open up a clean, real food  restaurant... 

Needless to say, the recipe needed some REAL cleaning up. I used fresh rosemary and fresh sweet onions from our little garden in the back yard.  The freshness really made the dish. Also, the beans are even better the day after. If they get dry, which is not highly probable, you can pour in a little organic chicken broth. 

Here is the recipe: 

Ingredients:
2 cans of Organic Great Northern Beans (rinsed)
1 Vidalia Onion, diced
2 sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
Salt & Pepper, to taste

Directions:
1. Using a non-stick soup pan, caramelize onion and rosemary.
2. Add in rinsed beans and salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Simmer on medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment