Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Yogurt Mix-ins

I have a confession. I can't eat my greek yogurt plain. I just can't do it, y'all. I like the way it tastes with the fruit mixed in! But unfortunately, the sugar added in is just too much for this gal. Enter: Yogurt Mix-Ins.

Yogurt Fruit Mix-Ins

3 cups of frozen fruit
1/3 cup of Truvia
1 tsp. of vanilla extract (avoid HFCS)
1 tsp. of Xanthan Gum powder

Boil fruit until thawed and mushy (Stir constantly to avoid burning.) Add in the other ingredients until completely mixed in and remove from heat. At this point, you can add to a food processor if you don't want fruit pieces, or strain through a fine metal strainer if you don't like seeds.

Spoon into a glass jar and let cool. Once cool, keep in the fridge. Add to your plain greek yogurt or steel cut oats as needed... yum!

I cooked two different versions today: mixed berry, which I left alone; and mango, which weren't getting mushy enough in the pan, so I processed in the food processor.





No comments:

Post a Comment